Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dad's in ER

Sorry again for not posting as often as I was. Life's been a little hectic. Rest assured, anytime something major goes down, I'll keep you posted (no pun intended),

A few updates...

I had my additional blood tests last week. They were testing for some bacteria (because of my acid reflux) and my white blood cell count (because I had a virus when I originally tested). Haven't got the results yet.

January 7th is still the tentative date of the transplant.

I'm feeling a lot better about everything - especially after a great dinner with my old youth pastor. Great company - and great advice.

Lastly, Becky just called. Dad's gone to ER. Chelsea and I visited him yesterday and he wasn't very responsive. A part of my thought that he must just be tired. But in reality, I knew he was going to need a trip to the ER in the next few days. I don't think he's been 'regular' the past few days and that's causing a build up of toxins in his system. This is a typical symptom of liver failure.

Chel and I are off to run a few errands and then spend time with dad at the hospital.

Please pray that this situation will resolve itself quickly and that Dad will stay healthy for the operation in early January.

No comments: