Friday, August 15, 2008

Financial Provision

I just wanted to post a public 'Thank You!' to those of you who have been so generous in your financial giving! Wow! My parents have received over $3000 in financial provision since their situation was made public. Some have dropped off cheques to help pay the bills. Others have given 'Get Well' cards with some money for groceries. All your gifts are so thoughtful and mean so much!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My dad stopped working just over 2 months ago. And although he owns the business for which he works, it does not produce the kind of income necessary for my parents to continue to take a salary while not working. We, as a family, have some ideas to help better the business. But, like all great ideas, these ideas will take much time and effort to implement and certainly aren't a guarantee.

The financial dilemma is an unfortunate reality and only makes an already difficult situation more stressful. In fact, without God's continued financial provision, my parents will probably have to sell their house.

Furthermore, the doctors in Toronto informed my parents that OHIP only covers the transplant and 2 weeks in ICU after the transplant. It does not cover the monthly drug costs ($500-$3000 per month, depending on how my dad's body reacts). Neither does OHIP cover the $40,000 Interferon treatment that may cure his Hep-C after the transplant.

Please continue to pray for my dad's health. And if you have an extra moment, a small prayer for financial provision.

God, remind me of your promises so I can stay strong in my belief that you'll see us through.

Thank you that you have a plan for this situation - and that your planning great things for my parents - plans to see them through this situation and for a great future! (Adopted from Jeremiah 29:11)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh!
What a wonderful Blog you have put together for your dad. Writing is very therapeutic, I know.
Just to let you know there is a great program run by the Ministry of Ontario called the Trillium Drug Program that you should have your dad apply for. It will cover a lot of the cost of the drug. Email me if you'd like to know more, or just to say 'hi'.
God Bless!
Jennifer Moncrieff (Duc)- your old cuz!!
jenn_moncrieff@sympatico.ca