Saturday, December 20, 2008

Chelsea Gets Inked!

So a few weeks ago when we found out this would all be going down, James had an idea for us to get tattoos while Brian and Josh were in surgery so that we would all come out of this with permanent scars together. I loved the idea of it, but what to get?
Im not scared of tattoos, but I wanted something with meaning.

The night before the surgery I was reading a magazine and saw a picture of Rhianna where you could see this cool tattoo on her back. I thought, thats a wicked place for a tattoo. So I had the spot, now what to get?

Then litterally it all came to me.

Through this whole situtaion Josh and I have been talking about how much love people are showing us. We never would have imagined all the emails, blog comments, gifts and hugs. Josh's words to live by have always been "Love God, Love People". I thought I understood what that meant, until all this happened. I feel like every single one of you have REALLY shown us what it REALLY means to love people. Your blog comments, phone calls, visits, gifts, meals, snacks, emails, hugs, shoulders to cry on and prayers are truly what got us through this. We keep saying we cant wait to be able to show that same love back, to be there for someone else when they need it. I dont want to ever forget all that was done for us and how it made us feel. I never want to forget what it means to love.

3-2-1!

My back


Love.

The more I thought about, the more I realized that word has a lot of meaning to me on top of all of that. Josh and I call eachother "Love". A few weeks ago my Dad took the family to Vegas to see the Beatles Cirque Du Soleil in honour of my Grandpa. The show is called "Love". At the end of the show, the very last song was "All You Need is Love". My brother and I on either side of my Dad all stood with our arms around eachother. I knew that moment would be one I would carry with me forever.

When the tattoo was done, the guy doing it saw my scar from my appendix and showed me he had one around the same spot. "Appendix?" I asked, "no, kidney transplant".
nnnooo waaayy. 5 Years ago, at the same hospital, his uncle donated a kidney to him.

So there you have it.

Thank you everyone for loving us.

Love, Love, Love...

Ps-Josh LOVES it!

And Happy Birthday Jared(my bro)! Wish we were there. love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you top that?
....With more love, can't wait to see you guys on Christmas Eve
"Love"
Mom & Dad

heartxcore said...

hi Chelsea and Josh,
I'm glad to hear that the surgery has been a success for both father and son! I love the tattoo idea and the meaning behind it. Know that my family and I are praying for quick and complete recoveries and for health for you and your loved ones.
Hope your Christmas is filled with cheer, joy, peace, hope and above all these, love.
sincerely,
Stephanie Torrealba

Anonymous said...

Josh and Chelsea,
Wow you guys... I've been keeping up with your blog and I feel like I've been on the journey too- I've laughed and cried so many times reading what you've written... I have shared your stories with lots of people- so just know that there are people all the way in Georgia praying for you guys! I'm so inspired by your strength, your conviction, your courage, your LOVE... Chelsea, this entry, all you said about love and how important it is- I was so moved and so inspired. These are the moments in your life that will shape and change who you will be forever. Josh, you have all my respect and admiration for the sacrifice you made for your dad, although I know you don't see it that way. You see it as your way of LOVING your dad. That is true, unconditional love. I'm grateful to be able to say I even know you guys... I hope you have an amazing Christmas and New Year's- I know it will be special for you in a way none other has ever been. You are always in my prayers! And in the prayers of lots of others down here too! Get well soon Josh and Brian! Much love to you both,
Charity