Monday, October 13, 2008

Hairy canary hospital

Last night (Oct 12) at 11:54pm, I received a call from my mom letting me know that her and dad decided it was finally time to call an ambulance and get him back in the hospital. My dad was complaining about a lot of pain in his belly which has expanded even more (because of an accumulation of fluid in his abdomen, not his chest).

My mom should have driven dad herself to the Toronto General ER instead of calling an ambulance. But she gets really anxious driving in big cities - especially at night - even more so with a sick husband she is worrying about.

When the ambulance arrived, the attendant informed my parents that because of their geographical location in the GTA, they were prohibited from driving them to the Toronto General. Instead, they took dad to some 'hairy canary' (as my dad later put it) hospital in Scarborough. My mom left him there for the evening and went back to the hotel to get some rest.

My dad was treated by three different doctors - two of which recommended he call his wife or a cab and jump on over to Toronto General, where he should have been taken in the first place.

Dad called me this morning at 7:45am asking me to call mom to tell her he needed to be picked up at 9am and transferred to the Toronto General ER.

I just tried calling their cell to get another update but there was no answer. I assume they probably grabbed some breakfast, then headed over to the Toronto General.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping us all so informed, without us haveing to bug your mom. Although you make me cry when I read some of your posts...they are really a wonderful thing. I can't wait to see your dad again soon...when he is recovering!

Amanda