Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In the ER

Mom just called. She took dad to the Toronto General ER. He has an awful pain in his chest and in his stomach. Most likely, the fluid has started to accumulate in his lungs and abdomen and is becoming unbearable for him.

I feel so bad for my dad... he's trying so hard to just live a normal life just for a few days... but he just can't escape the reality of his situation.

ER said they were going to take some chest x-rays and see whats going on. I'd hate for my dad to end up in a hospital room alone in TO. I really miss him.

This could be it for dad - he could be in the hospital 'till the surgery. This is huge because the recovery is 3-6months - most of which is spent in quarantine while his immune system is eradicated.

If you know my dad at all, you know how unnatural it is for my dad to stay still for 2 minutes - let alone 6 months. This is going to be so difficult for him.

Please pray that my dad's health stays good enough for him to make the rest of his appointments this week, that we'll be able to get this transplant started in the next couple weeks, and that my dad will have a miraculous recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's all remember the healing powers of prayer. The more of us involved the better!!!!!