Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday morning service

Incredible day today. It was the first Sunday morning service for Chel and I in over a year. We sat with mom and her friend Betty. We tried to arrive early to receive special prayer from the pastor but we arrived too late.

It was a great service – I’m not sure what made it so great. I think it was the love we felt. It was amazing. It was exactly what we needed.

The worship was great. I started to cry a few minutes into it because I couldn’t hear my dad’s bellowing voice singing beside me. I miss that dad! I miss that dad so much. He’s not that dad anymore. He doesn’t resemble his former self at all.
Its memories like that that remind me of why I’m doing what I’m doing.

~

Dad found out his schedule today for the surgery. He’ll be released on Tuesday. Mom will drive him to Toronto where he’ll have a few appointments. He won’t be officially admitted ‘till Sunday.

I can’t believe this is actually happening.

No comments: